The GCS-1ES is of the same design as the GCS-1 although the fingerboard and top wood has been replaced with Ebony and Spruce respectively. This configuration tailors the instrument more specifically toward warmer/darker/thicker jazz tones. Included is a TKL hard-shell case.
Introductory Price! $1499.00USD
- Body Dimensions: 14 5/8” lower bout width, 1 5/8” depth
- Top: Laminated Spruce
- Back: Laminated Sapele
- Body and Neck Wood: Eastern Mahogany
- Fingerboard: Ebony, 12” radius, 24.75” scale length, 1.70” nut width, dot position markers
- Neck: Medium C shape, comfortably contoured
- Pickups and electronics: Custom wound Kent Armstrong humbucking pickups, 3 way toggle switch, (2) volume and (2) tone controls. One of the tone controls is a push/pull pot converting both pickups to single coil mode.
- Hardware finish: Chrome
- Tuners: Wilkinson, smooth 19:1 gear ratio
- Binding: Multi-ply ivory/black surround the peghead, neck, and body back with additional plies surrounding the body top
- Average Weight: 7.5 lbs. (varies plus or minus 6%)
- Available Colors: Vintage Blond, Tangerine Burst, Violin Burst, Autumn Burst, Black